The Vivian Banks Charter School (VBCS) is a learning community committed to the cultural awareness, social and physical development and intellectual growth of each student. It establishes a learning environment that fosters respect for self and others, responsibility and consideration of others, and enables students to meet present needs and future challenges in a complex, changing society.
The VBCS student will lead our community, region, state and nation in the 21st century. As educated adults able to produce high-quality goods and services for the future economy, they must:
- Maintain physical and mental fitness, thinking critically and creatively.
- Produce and receive communication in all its present and future forms, whether working cooperatively with others or individually.
- Understand their meaningful roles in social groups large and small, actively participating in the democratic process.
- Apply present and future technologies with confidence, as tools to create work products.
- Internalize a self-disciplined work ethic that motivates them to be lifelong learners.